Forest School and Outdoor Learning Provision
Our pupils have greatly benefitted from Forest School sessions and have developed an area to facilitate outdoor learning.
All our children have the opportunity to engage in outdoor experiences throughout the year, and these have been carefully constructed to complement their chosen curriculum themes.
Forest School sessions have significant benefits for high quality outdoor learning experiences. They are proven to:
- develop reflective and inquisitive thinking as well as problem solving approaches
- encourage holistic development
- develop resilience and adaptability
- allow children to identify hazards and risks
- develop love, appreciation and respect for nature and a greater understanding of how we can look after our environment
- develop self-awareness, confidence and self-esteem
- develop collaborative working and communication skills
- promote positive health, both physical and mental
- assist with gross and fine motor skill development
- develop a lifelong love of the outdoors